Philosophy of The City Research Group
The Philosophy of the City Research Group takes the city as an object of study, focusing on its political, social, epistemological, metaphysical, ethical, and environmental dimensions.
From an interdisciplinary perspective, it incorporates disciplines such as urban planning, environmental science and studies, ecology, architecture, geography, and the arts. Research questions often deal with applied philosophy and ethics, and utilize established knowledge from other areas of study. All philosophical traditions are welcome.
The group holds a conference annually, along with sessions at the American Philosophical Association’s meetings. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the philosophical dimensions of the city.
- Shane Epting, President
- Ronald R. Sundstrom, Vice President
- Michael Nagenborg, Secretary
- Jules Simon, Treasurer
- Michael Menser, Executive Director
- Mary Carmen Marcous, Executive Committee Member
- Víctor Manuel Hernández Márquez, Executive Committee Member
- Luis Ruben Diaz, Executive Committee Member
Conferences hosted by the Philosophy of The City Research Group include: