Universidad de Navarra & The City of Bilbao
Bilbao, Spain, October 14-16
Keynotes by: Dr. Richard Sennett (London School of Economics)
Dr. Paula Cristina Pereira (Universidade do Porto)
Dr. Francisco Colom González, (Institute of Philosophy – Centre for Human and Social Sciences, Spanish National Research Council)
This October, The Philosophy of the City Research Group will meet in the City of Bilbao, Spain. We hope that you can join us. While the call for papers is open to any relevant topic, we encourage submissions that address the areas below.
This is not an exhaustive list but all submissions should be directly related to philosophy of or about cities.
- Philosophy of/in Urban Planning
- The City in the History of Philosophy
- New Governances and Urban Policies
- Productive and Sustainable Cities: Technology, Infrastructure, Environment and Urban Mobility
- Urban Regeneration, Segregation and Gentrification
- Urban Peripheries: Social Institutions, Policies, and Territories
- The Social Production of the Habitat and the Urban Commons
- Urban Justice and Right to the City:
- — Class, Gender, Race
- — Immigration and Postcolonialism
- — Housing, Education and Social Services
- Political Antagonism, Social Movements, Urban Conflict and Urban Resilience
- Public Space: Identities, Heterotopias and New Public Spaces
- Art and Music in the City
- Neighborhood & Domesticity
- Urban Tourism Challenges
- Big Data and Smart Cities
- The City and the Mind
- Urban Aesthetics
Call For Papers
Submission of Abstracts
Submissions can be in English or Spanish. Send abstract (350 words, prepared for anonymous review) via EasyChair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=potc2020 by June 1, 2020.
Submissions in Spanish should arrive by April 1.
Send inquires to Shane Epting, Conference Chair, [email protected]